[transmediale] newsletter conference live stream

transmediale info at transmediale.de
Di Jan 29 15:42:14 CET 2008

Live streams and moderated IRC chats at transmediale.08

If you are not able to join transmediale's 'Conspire ...' conference and
Bilderberg Salon artist sessions BBT and transmediale.08 invites you to join in
online - real time - via IRC and video streams. A remote backdoor to the
speakers and performers of transmediale.08 - the moderated online discussion is
open to partcipants who can not join us in Berlin.

Two streams will be available; one live from the conference hall (HKW
Auditorium) and from the Bilderberg Salon. Every stream will have its own IRC
(Internet Relay Chat) chatroom ... see below.

We are inviting you to JOIN US and JOIN IN!

IRC chats will be displayed next to the panel in each conference and keynote
lecture. IRC moderators will bring the questions and comments from the chat to
the onsite event. We would appreciate if you can spend some of your internet
time with us and tell your friends about this vivid interaction. We will be
meeting on irc from Wednesday, January 30, until Sunday, February 3, 2008.

The VIDEO STREAM addresses are:

Conference Stream:
http://giss.tv:8000/transmediale08.ogg
LIve from the conferences and key note presentations

and

Bilderberg Stream:
http://giss.tv:8000/bilderberg.ogg

An experimental stream hosted by bots and people, playing with protocols of
communication between IRC and realtime video streams. We ... BBT, are more
paranoid than the bots, and technology is slipping out of control...

You can play these stream sfrom any platform using VLC (Videolan Player),
download it here: http://videolan.org

Come to chat with us and check the transmediale.08 website for possible updates
of this information:
http://www.transmediale.de/

We will be streaming with an open source encoder, promoting the use of ogg
theora and calling for diversity on the web. Gratitude to all developers and
streaming communities who made the use of this free technology possible and
special thanks for the support of giss.tv, goto10.org, v2_Institute for the
Unstable Media and Freej.

CHAT ROOMS:

http://irc.goto10.org

#tm08conference

According to schedule of conferences and keynote lectures:
http://www.transmediale.de/site/programme/conference-and-keynotes/

We will be discussing the key issues of each conference and hold discussions
that may arise in the channel. With the help of FOSS bots we can query online
resources (wikipedia, google, wordnet).

#tm08bilderberg

Daily:
http://www.transmediale.de/site/programm/salon/

We will document what goes on in the sessions of the Bilderberg Salon and our
progress with HB (half brother) tele-robotic hand controlled remotely by IRC
participants that inputs simple commands: North, South, East, West..

#tm08tech

You can find us here from now on, come around if you have questions regarding
the stream or other technical issues. Move to this channel if things are not
working - PLEASE do not ask about tech issues in the program IRCs.

The web interfaces to the IRC channels are:
http://pjirc.goto10.org/?channel=tm08conference
http://pjirc.goto10.org/?channel=tm08bilderberg
http://pjirc.goto10.org/?channel=tm08tech

This is an official invitation to the events! We would like to ask you to
confirm your participation for the conference chat rooms you would be
interested to attend.

Best wishes,
HB, fv, aleij, xname, tiarex, pueblo, mh, BB
BBT
Big Brother Team
we_are_observing ...
transmediale.08